Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform that allows you to build, deploy and manage applications and services through a global network of Microsoft data centers. It provides both PaaS and IaaS services and supports many different programming languages, tools and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
Proximus has built an LoRa Azure connector that allows you to integrate a cloud-backend for devices and applications that are built for the Proximus IoT network. This connector gives you access to cloud-based services for data capture and analysis such as Azure Event hubs.
During the hackathon Microsoft will provide participants with an Azure Pass. This Azure Pass allows you to sign up for the Azure Platform during 1 month and receive a $100 credit, without the need for a credit card.
How to redeem the Azure Pass:
Step-by-step guide for the Azure Pass
1. Once registered for Hackapost, you’ll receive a unique Azure Pass Promo Code via email within 1 week before the hackathon
2. Make sure you have an active Live ID or Microsoft account to administer the Azure account you’re about to request. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, create one here for free.
3. Keep your Azure Pass Promo code at hand and browse to www.microsoftazurepass.com
4. Select Country ‘Belgium’
5. Copy your Promo code into the field below and click submit
6. Sign in to your Microsoft account
7. Click submit
8. Click activate
9. Fill in the requested information and click on ‘Sign up’. This will create your subscription. The process may take up to 10 minutes, make sure not to refresh your browser until the subscription has been created
10. Once the subscription is available, click on ‘Portal’ to start using Microsoft Azure assets